E.l.m. Branches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, my name is Tingruviel!

2 posters

Go down

Hello, my name is Tingruviel! Empty Hello, my name is Tingruviel!

Post  Tingruviel Wed 12 Apr - 20:46

Hi there!

I am Tingruviel, a lover of Tolkien and fantasy in general. I was told about this forum by my dear friend Elaini, whom I have had the pleasure of serving as a caun within the kinship of Vanimar in the game lotro for many years. We have had many an adventure together, largely in the RP scene, but also just enjoying an instance or two. I was delighted to have the option to keep in touch even when we are not playing the game as much anymore.

Netherlands was a land held in mist for me as a Swede, and for someone who never wished to go abroad that much, it was quite and adventure in late 2014 to move here. The reason being that I met a dutch guy in lotro who simply was too good to pass up (he cooks and all!). Nearly 10 years later, I still love living here, though I miss the woods and the snow more than I care to admit. And mountains! Good thing Netherlands has castles... Wink

For the bigger part of my working life, I have had many an odd job, such as cleaner, hotel concierge, blackjack dealer and daycare professional. But none of them has been as exciting and fulfilling as the one I am in now. As a tester in an IT business, it is my job to ensure good quality of the products we create. It is sometimes a fast-paced job, with over-hours to boot, and at times there are lulls where we don't have to work so hard. But I cannot praise my company enough for how they treat their employees. And my co-workers are the best!

I have a lot of interests beside my job, amongst them crafting junk journals out of old books and stamps. My favourite books of all time (aside from Tolkiens works, of course!) are the series of the Wheel of Time. I also enjoy reading warhammer stories, particularly about Squigs and Gits, my favourite army of Warcry. Our latest adventure together with my partner Tindir is painting the figurines and playing the game Moonstone. The stories behind the characters are fantastic and the figurines are so detailed it is a pleasure just to look at them. As for TV and movies, I watch anything with Star trek ahead of it, but my favourite series is Red Dwarf. I also enjoy watching British detective series. We are right now working our way through some star wars content while enjoying Tindirs excellent cooking.

And yes, we do have a dog too! Caspar, or Cass for short, you can see in my profile. He is an 11 yo german longhaired pointer and the best dog I have ever had. It helps that Tindir used to be a dog trainer for 15 years, but Cass temperament is the sweetest ever!

If you want to learn more about me, you can always ask. Hope to talk to you all soon!

Last edited by Tingruviel on Wed 12 Apr - 21:00; edited 1 time in total
Tingruviel
Tingruviel

Elaini likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hello, my name is Tingruviel! Empty Re: Hello, my name is Tingruviel!

Post  Elaini Wed 12 Apr - 20:56

Welcome, Tingruviel! Have a great time here.  Holly Blue
Elaini
Elaini
Admin

https://elaininet.wordpress.com/some

Tingruviel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum