E.l.m. Branches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designing a Falathrim or Falmari ship

Go down

Designing a Falathrim or Falmari ship Empty Designing a Falathrim or Falmari ship

Post  Elaini Thu 13 Apr - 20:25

This is a small (OK, maybe not so small) project that I've had and I'll finally turn it into a 3D mesh, maybe even a scene. I'll make two versions.

I've been wondering what a ship of Falathrim (seafaring Elves of Middle-earth) and Falmari (seafaring elves of Valinor) might have built.

What I'm possibly looking for is something like this. Something that looks like it's from the Age of Sail but with the luxuries of a cruise ship (in the ways it could have been possible) since I believe that they might have been rather advanced as shipwrights. And of course, no cannons.

Multiple decks, perhaps something resembling the hull of a Fluyt:

Designing a Falathrim or Falmari ship 1280px-De_BATAVIA_voor_de_film_onderweg_als_de_NIEUW_HOORN_%2802%29

And with a sail rig of a barque. Square, triangular and fore-and-aft sails all have their pros and the rig uses them all:

Maybe a swan head could work as something that sets the Elf style apart. I thought of one holding one of the sails with her beak so aesthetics and mechanics are meeting up.

Designing a Falathrim or Falmari ship Henning_Janssen_-_Elven_Swan_Gondola

By Henning Janssen.

Any feedback is welcome.
Elaini
Elaini
Admin

https://elaininet.wordpress.com/some

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum